The US-led forces have so far failed to bring security to Afghanistan.
The US embassy in Afghanistan says two foreign contractors including an American have been killed in the troubled south of the country.
The US Embassy in Kabul said in a statement on Monday that contractors died when an Afghan police training center came under attack in the city of Kandahar.
No one has yet claimed responsibility for the assault.
This is while NATO says three soldiers were killed in bomb and shooting attacks in the same region. The Force did not mention the exact location of incidents or the soldiers’ nationalities.
The deaths bring to ten the number of foreign troops killed since Saturday.
The US-led invasion was launched with the official objective of curbing militancy and bringing peace and stability to the war-ravaged country. However, nine years after the invasion Afghanistan remains unstable and civilians continue to pay the price.